Friday 16 September 2016

Paolo, Jocelyn Duterte and Nograles deny the accusation of Matobato

Presidential son Vice Mayor Paolo "Pulong" Duterte, former House Speaker Prospero Nograles and Presidential sister Jocelyn Duterte denied the said allegations of Edgar Matobato who became a state witness in the senate hearing on September 15, 2016.

Matobato, confessed assassin said he is one of the members of the alleged group Davao Death Squad (DDS) which he claimed that he had killed a thousands of people.

Matobato stated that Paolo Duterte was the one who commanded the killing of Richard King, a Cebu businessman and said that the body guards of Nograles were killed also by DDS.

 Jocelyn Duterte also turned down the accusation that the certain DDS group killed her dance instructor (DI) on 2013.


In a statement of Paolo, “What Sen. Leila De Lima and this certain Matobato say in public are mere allegations,” Matobato reasoned, that the ordered for King’s killing was their rivalry on a woman.

“In the absence of proof, they are mere hearsay,” Paolo added, “I will not dignify with an answer the accusations of a madman.”

Matobato claimed that Paolo was also a drug user.


Prospero Nograles

Nograles said, “My former bodyguards were all members of the Marine Corps,” Nograles said. “Not one of them had died and as far as I know, they have all gone back to their mother units.”

Rep. Karlo Nograles, also denied Matobato’s claim. “I don’t know what this guy is talking about.” he added, “From the time I was chief of staff of my father to the time I was elected congressman, no supporter of ours or persons under our employ was ever killed due to politics,” Karlo said.

“Political differences in our city has always been strictly on the level of difference in policy and style,” Karlo stated.



Jocelyn Duterte

Jocelyn described the senate investigation over Matobato's statemenst as full of lies.

“I am a private individual,” in an interview with Bombo Radyo Davao.

 “I don’t know him and he doesn’t know me,” she added, and called Matobato as a liar.

During the senate hearing, Matobato stressed that in 2013 her instructor was abducted and killed by DDS.

“None of my DIs had been killed. I can present all the DIs I have danced with … I am not denying that I have been dancing for 20 years now. None of them had been killed,” Jocelyn stated.

De Lima to be blamed

She said the charge that her DI was slaughtered in light of the fact that he was her boyfriend was vindictive, “I am not that kind of woman. If we compare De Lima’s reputation with mine, excuse me,” Jocelyn said.

She also added, she was “blaming De Lima for this” because it was impossible that she did not know what the witness was going to say.

“Witnesses cannot just be made to testify if you don’t know what he is going to say. So don’t tell me you did not know and you talk about human rights. Where is mine now?” she asked.

“I am not for extrajudicial killings. That’s true. I remember De Lima saying she was not running for public office and that she was just a human rights advocate. Where is she now?” Presidential sister asked.

Jocelyn said it was presently clear to her that De Lima had directed the examination of the asserted DDS exercises and the present examination of the charged extrajudicial killings “for political mileage.”

Souce: Inquirer

Leave a Comment

Loading...